- Online Credits State Approvals
- Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education FAQs
- Contact Us
- Online Store
Register for free and we'll load a free course to your account*.
Certified Hand Therapist Continuing Education
OnlineCE.com and HandCredits.com (divisions of OnlineContinuingEd, LLC) is an approved provider of the American Occpational Therapy Association.
Continuing Education Requirements for Certified Hand Therapists The Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC) is the governing body that is responsible for credentialing certified hand therapists (CHT). In order to maintain the CHT credential, a CHT must accumulate a minimum of 80 contact hours of professional development activities with a minimum of 36 hours in clinical hand therapy programs (category A) during their five-year accrual period.
Accepts OnlineCE.com Courses
The Hand Therapy Certification Commission does not pre-approve individual courses. Online continuing education credits are accepted under the following categories.
Category A - Formal courses in Upper Quarter Therapy -a minimum of 3 hrs in length. Thirty-six hours (36), per 5 year accrual cycle, are required or all 80 hours may be submitted in this category.
Category B - Informal courses in Upper Quarter Therapy - less than 3 hrs in length. A maximum of 30 hours, per 5 year cycle, can be obtained in this category.
Category C - Formal courses with General OT or PT Content. A maximum of 30 hours, per 5 year cycle, can be obtained in this category. This category encompasses educational materials that address the clinical application of general occupational or physical therapy knowledge.
Continuing Education Requirements by NBCOT
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is the national governing body responsible for credentialing Occupational Therapists (OTR) and Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTA). In order to maintain current certification as an OTR or OTA, therapists must meet all NBCOT continuing education (CE) requirements. A total of thirty-six (36) professional development units during a three year cycle are required. A maximum of 36 hours can be obtained through OnlineCE.com Online Contining Education Courses.
Continuing Education Requirements by State
Certified Hand Therapy Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Certified Hand Therapy continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Certified Hand Therapy licensee's are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Certified Hand Therapy continuing education requirements.
AOTA Approved Provider #4023
Continuing education courses offered on OnlineCE.com provide Online CEU for Certfied Hand Therapists (CHT). The online courses enhance the knowledge bases of CHT to enhance clinical therapy practice. Free 1 hour AOTA approved online home study CE credit course for new registered Certified Hand Therapy users at www.OnlineCE.com
Course Topics Include (but are not limited to):
- AIDS Online Course
- Anatomy Dissections Online Course
- Aquatic Therapy Online Course
- Arthritis Online Course
- Atlas of the Hand Clinics Online Course
- Boundary Training Online Course
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab Online Course
- Clinical Rehabilitation of the Wrist Online Course
- Continuous Passive Motion Online Course
- COTA Skills Online Course
- Cultural Competency Online Course
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders Online Course
- Driver Rehabilitation Online Course
- Emergency Procedures Online Course
- Ergonomics Online Course
- Ethics for Professionals Online Course
- Hand Therapy Online Course
- Hand Therapy Treatment Activities Online Course
- Introduction to hand therapy Online Course
- Learning and Behavioral Disorders Online Course
- Manipulation and Technique Online Course
- Manual Edema Mobilization Online Course
- Medical Errors Online Course
- Neurology UE Online Course
- Occupation Based Hand Therapy Online Course
- Oncology Rehab Online Course
- OT with Elders: Strategies for the COTA Online Course
- Pain Management Online Course
- Pediatrics Online Course
- Pharmacology Online Course
- Shoulder Rehab Online Course
- Soft Tissue Conditions Online Course
- Spinal Cord Injuries Online Course
- Splinting Online Course
- Sports and Hand Injuries Online Course
- Swallowing Disorders Online Course
- Tendon Injuries Online Course
- Therapeutic Modalities Online Course
- Upper Extremity Anatomy Online Course