- Online Credits State Approvals
- Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education FAQs
- Contact Us
- Online Store
Register for free and we'll load a free course to your account*.
Anti Aging Certificate Courses
Online CE Offers Anti Aging Program Credits
What is included in the Anti Aging Course?
Continuing Education: 12 hours of continuing education in anti aging
Textbook: The Ageless Advantage: Your Complete Resource for Living Longer Through Diet and Lifestyle provided in E-Textbook format
Workbook:70+ page Anti Aging Workbook containing all forms and instructions to provide an anti aging program to your patients/clients, including recommendations on nutrition, stress management, and exercise.
Implementation Guide: Step-by-Step Program Outline for a 1+ Year Anti Aging Program
Background on Anti Aging Programs
Anti aging is one of the newest and most exciting areas of health and wellness studies. This is because the baby boomers, comprising a significant part of the population, are aging and trying to find ways to stay and feel young. Life extension has increased dramatically in the United States since 1900 and will continue to increase. In fact, it is suggested that life expectancy in the mid-twenty-first century will be 85 years. People are and will be living longer and longer. But people do not want to simply live a long life; they want to live a high quality long life.
Many fatal diseases are degenerative in nature and not solely hereditary. Genetics and heredity typically account for only 10 to 33% of a person's physical health status. Therefore we have significant control over how long we will live.
This course presents the factors and influences associated with aging and suggestions for how to possibly slow the aging process. It highlights strategies to living a longer and healthier life. The course begins with aging statistics and then introduces the variables associated with aging. These variables include exercise, stress and emotions, social relationships and religion, alcohol, smoking, antioxidants and their role in relationship to cancer and heart disease, food quantity and weight control, diet types, habits and patterns, anti aging foods and beverages such as fruits, vegetables, garlic, fish, grains, nuts, legumes, soy, chocolate, yogurt, water, wine and tea. There is a discussion on nutrient deficiencies and hormones that also may affect aging.
Once the course is completed, you will receive the anti aging manual and outline, tools that will allow you to administer an anti aging program.
This course may be taken by allied health professions including but not limited to massage therapists, chiropractic physicians, athletic trainers, chiropractic assistants, occupational therapists/assistants, and physical therapists/assistants.
Anti Aging Certificate Request Form
If you have completed the program and want to request a frameable Anti Aging Certificate, please click here to print the form to order the certificate.
This course includes a 12 hour continuing education program, E-textbook, and a 70+ page Anti Aging Workbook that contains all the forms and instructions to implement an Anti Aging Program, along with a one year step-by-step implementation guide.
Credit Hours: 12
Course Cost: $395 (Please Note: This course is not available for purchase using discounted prepaid credits)
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Educational Objectives:
- Explain basic concepts of health
- Identify the health spectrum
- Investigate the various facts associated with aging
- Determine the difference between sickly aging and normal aging
- Investigate the various theories of aging
- Recognize the most common theory of aging
- Determine the risks associated with being sedentary
- Identify the effect of exercise on the cardiovascular system
- Describe how exercise affects cholesterol and cancer
- Examine the various components of an exercise program
- Identify which exercises are best for health and longevity
- Investigate the relationship between exercise and antioxidants
- Recognize basic concepts of stress
- Explain how stress and other emotions can cause disease and ill health
- Determine the relationship between nutrition and stress
- Differentiate the relationship between various stress-reducing techniques
- Identify how social relationships, religion and prayer can affect health and aging
- Investigate the negative and positive factors of consuming alcohol
- Recognize how alcohol affects nutrition
- Identify how smoking affects health
- Identify the relationship between nutrition and smoking
- Investigate the relationship between second-hand smoke and nutrition
- Identify various smoking cessation techniques
- Identify the role of antioxidants and free radicals
- Examine the relationship between antioxidants and heart disease
- Determine the relationship between diet, cancer, and the environment
- Identify various antioxidants that can affect cancer
- Describe how caloric restriction affects longevity
- Explore basic concepts of weight control and obesity
- Recognize how obesity affects overall health and promotes disease
- Identify various dietary patterns and habits
- Determine how diet patterns affect health and promote disease
- Explore the typical American diet pattern
- Review the vegetarian diet pattern
- Analyze the Mediterranean diet pattern and its components
- Identify why fruits and vegetables are anti-aging foods
- Determine how fruits and vegetables offer health benefits
- Select what components of fish have positive effects on health
- Investigate how fish affects cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Identify how garlic affects health and inhibits disease
- Demonstrate the role grains have in health and longevity
- Explain the basics of fiber and how it can affect health and disease
- Identify how nuts can positively affect health and decrease disease
- Investigate how legumes and soy can affect heart disease
- Relate how legumes and soy can affect cancer
- Recognize the beneficial components of yogurt
- Identify how yogurt can affect the immune system
- Define what prebiotics are and how they affect health
- Describe how chocolate can promote health and longevity
- Explore how tea can positively affect health and decrease disease risk
- Identify what the beneficial components of wine are
- Determine the how and when of wine consumption
- Explain basic concepts of water and signs of dehydration
- List how water affects disease and promotes health
- Identify who is susceptible to nutrient deficiencies
- Determine the relationship between a daily multiple vitamin and health
- Analyze how growth hormone can promote health and possibly slow aging
- Explain the risk versus benefit of using testosterone and melatonin
- Recognize the role of DHEA and DHEA-S on health and longevity
- Identify the main concepts of an anti-aging strategy
We use the mastery system of education. At the end of each lesson there are interactive quiz questions to ensure you understand key points from the lesson. These quizzes are provided to give you confidence that you have absorbed the information. You must answer all questions correctly before our system will let you proceed to the next lesson. Answer all multiple choice questions and then click on the submit button. The system instantaneously evaluates your answers. If you get all the answers correct, the system lets you proceed. If you answer any of the questions incorrectly, the system will revisit those questions to let you try again until all of your answers are correct.